Old December 18th 06, 08:32 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

Default my pc doesn't boot at first go.

"Peter" wrote in message news:yMChh.892$Ei5.212@trndny05...
My new bld seem to have developed the same problem or similar. when i press
the reset button it acts like the power button ie comes on but doesnt
reboot. I thought it was the memory timings but it is not. Also my uguru
software doesnt work must be a bios issue?

sounds like you have not put the leads from the buttons to the mainboard correctly.

"Jan Alter" wrote in message
"gonu" wrote in message
ups.com...
my pc doesn't boot at first start.only white screen of monitor shows
up.then i need to again push reset buttton to boot the system ,the it
boots successfully.what is reason behind this problem.?

Faulty PS is one possibility. Another is the power switch itself. To rule
out the switch try taking off the connector to the two pins on the mb and
simply short those two pins with a flat head screw driver. If it starts
then the switch is probably at fault giving too much resistence for a
decent connection..

The other thought is if this is a new build. If it is then are you sure
the connectors are placed on the proper pins and the power switch
connector is reversed with the reset connectors?

--
Jan Alter

or