Old August 12th 05, 08:12 PM
Sartana

Default Canon i850 - Red bars across my image...why?

I have a Canon i850 printer that is about 18 months old. It has been
printing fine, but suddenly I am noticing a problem. Whenever I print
an image at the standard or draft quality setting, I have horizontal
reddish colored bars showing up. The space between the bars is the
same size as the bars themselves and the whole image has the bars,
from top to the bottom (think US flag). If I print in high or
grayscale quality, the bars are gone.

I have tried cleaning, deep cleaning, head alignment and nozzle check
all to no avail. I have the newest drivers and the only hardware
change I have made since it last printed ok was the video card, a
nVidia 6800 ultra. I am not really sure if the problem existed before
I changed the card. I don't print all that often and I often I just
print text so it would not be noticed.

Any thoughts?

Drop "OLD" from email address to reply.