Old August 8th 03, 01:59 PM
Scott H

"SewerFiss" wrote in message
Radeon350 wrote in message
om...
http://www.msnbc.com/news/949543.asp?0dm=C21BT&cp1=1

Jeez, what a load of propaganda from...oh, the *MICROSOFT*-NBC network.
Man...

First of all, the production halt in the headline is only until Autumn
acording to the article, that's...uh, six weeks away. This is totally
standard procedure for Microsoft and Sony as well as Nintendo (or any

other
electronics manufacturer, for that matter) to make a large production run

at
a time andf then sit on them until the stock runs low. What, like the
companies are supposed to make a single new system every time someone

orders
one?

As for the rest of the article, it seems to be imaginitively cobbled

togther
from this Reuters wire article:

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.j...4CRBAE0CF EY?
type=topNews&storyID=3236829

I'm not even a Nintendo fanboy (thanks for crossposting this into the Sega
group for no apparent reason, by the way), but come on, it doesn't take a
genius to see the **** oozing out between the seems of this article you
posted. I mean, I guess I can't blame a little troll for trying to do his
job by posting it and really I can't even blame Microsoft for being the
shady corporate scum everybody knows they are and managing to exploit

their
media ownership to put such crap into the "news," but I just hope the
readers of these newsgroups will be bright enough to not sweat over it and
so not spawn a 200 post thread that I have to wade through for the next
month and half (coincidentally, just when Nintendo produces the next batch
of Gamecubes, apparently).

Agreed, if anything can be gleened from this article, it's that Nintendo
*might* be redesigning the Gamecube a little bit and re-releasing it.
Possibly something with DVD playback or maybe even something better. Hell,
if Sony can remake the PS2 into something with TIVO and make new regular PS2
with progressive scan and get away with it, surely nobody will feel "ripped
off" if Nintendo remakes the Gamecube right?

...word is bondage...