Old August 1st 05, 10:44 PM
measekite

Dan G wrote:

snip

Formulab ink gives me a *decidedly pink hue* to
the color. *The Canon ink produces a _much closer color_ to what I see
on-screen.*

"Dan G" wrote in message

I just loaded up a fresh set of Canon tanks, cleared out all the old ink

and

printed 2 more test photos. The first, and obvious difference with the ink
is that there is no more greasy black residue on the paper in the black
areas. So that at least means no more inks from InkJetSaver will be used

for

photos here. The bulk BCI6-Blk they're selling is clearly inferior. Colors
are no different in hue as far as I can see. Test pages with 3 color bars
were also no different between the 2 inks.
I'll post back in a week or 2 when I know about fading. Will also be
testing a set of 5 carts with Formulabs ink in a week or 2.

"Dan G" wrote in message

I just got this response from InkJetSaver, which didn't really tell me a
lot:

Quote:
Our Canon inks are made by Repeat-o-Type. The G & G carts, I really

Quote:
don't

know. Most of our compatible cartridges are Premium brand, and those

inks

are from Formulabs. We use G & G and Arrow carts occasionally, as

back-up.

We always need to have additional vendors available in the event that

one

is

out of stock on a particular item. .