Old September 13th 04, 11:20 PM
Petrus

The new driver 61.77 mentioned something about fixing lagg in far cry ,
check read text that follows the drivers

"Minotaur" wrote in message
GTX_SlotCar wrote:
Try 1 gig of memory first. Your 6800 is a 128mb version and that may be a
bottleneck too, but try the extra ram 1st.

"Little TeaPot" wrote in message

2400 is only running at 2 ghz

How would a Mobile 2500 at 2.5 ghz, 3200 1gig Dual channel go ?

I mean with the 6800 GT ?

On Sat, 11 Sep 2004 12:52:11 GMT, "Ozman" wrote:

My system: ASUS A7N8X, Athlon 2400+, 512mb DDR 2100, BFG 6800oc 128mb

During gaming I run my resolution @ 1024x768 and with my new card I
thought I should be able to run Far Cry at high detail. It runs but

there

are hiccups and slows down when there is a lot of action on the screen.
I'm wondering what I need to run this game at high detail? My card

should

be fast enough right? Do I need to upgrade my processor or would more

RAM

fix me up?

Ozman

Yeah, get 1Gig of memory! Also, get a new heatsink for your CPU and set it
@ 200FSB X11 for 2200Mhz. Your config can do that easily if it's a v2 of
the A7N8X, v1 had probs with 200FSB.