Old September 11th 04, 06:01 PM
Dark Avenger

"Ozman" wrote in
.net:

My system: ASUS A7N8X, Athlon 2400+, 512mb DDR 2100, BFG 6800oc 128mb

During gaming I run my resolution @ 1024x768 and with my new card I
thought I should be able to run Far Cry at high detail. It runs but
there are hiccups and slows down when there is a lot of action on the
screen. I'm wondering what I need to run this game at high detail? My
card should be fast enough right? Do I need to upgrade my processor
or would more RAM fix me up?

Ozman

I guess it's the processor... and the slow mobo. Don't get me wrong but the
game Far Cry can use every bit of memory bandwidth that you can supply to
it.

Basicly your motherboard is keeping your videocard up..that is the whole
story, you videocard can go faster with a faster motherboard/processor. The
new cards haven't yet met their max point in how effective they are