Old January 25th 04, 07:30 PM
Graham

Default Bluetooth networks

On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 16:44:38 +0000 (UTC), Barry
wrote:

Hi,

I'm thinking of networking two XP machines together using bluetooth,
the machines are on different floors about 25ft apart. Now I don't
want to rip up the carpet and floorboards in order to run network
cable so I thought I could use bluetooth dongles to get both comps to
talk to one another.

The Question is has anyone done this without having any problems (the
sales assistant in the shop told me i couldn't do it and tried selling
me a much more expensive wireless network kit) Secondly, if it does
work can i enable internet connection sharing over it ?

Thanks

Barry

Wouldn't hold your breath. Might be possible if they were in the same
room but 25ft... no chance. I've got a full blown wireless network and
that does 35ft no problem but still doesn't connect at its full
potential. Too many walls etc. I'd buy a wireless router/modem. Then
there is no need to have a computer dedicated to connecting to your
ISP. You also get the benefit of the inbuilt firewall that usually
comes as standard.

regards
Graham