Old September 11th 03, 07:06 PM
Andrew Stirling

Well in this case at least...the drivers will be out before the game. And
hopefully they'll improve all DX9 games.

Right, so everytime a new DX9 game comes out, we have to wait for new
drivers optimised for that game???

If you read the article, Valve expect the nVidia performance to be

reflected
in all games.

"Lee Marsh" wrote in message
NVIDIA statement: The Optimizations for Half-Life 2 shaders are in the
50 series of drivers which we made available to reviewers on Monday
[Sept. 8, 2003]. Any Half-Life 2 comparison based on the 45 series
driver are invalid. NVIDIA 50 series of drivers will be available well
before the release of Half-Life 2