Old November 5th 04, 03:54 AM

Default Can I run IDE Drives and SATA Drives Together?

I have an ASUS P4S8X motherboard and have been running a 80GB IDE
drive (partitioned into C: and D: drives). I bought a SATA 200GB
drive thinking that I can run both tyeps of drives simultaneously,
keeping the IDE drive as my bootable drive running Windows XP. I have
headers on the motherboard for a primary UltraDMA 133 IDE, a secondary
UltraDMA 133 IDE, a primary ATA133, a primary SATA, and a secodary
SATA. The P4S8X manual says that I can run a RAID using both the ATA
IDE and the SATA drives together, but makes no mention of running the
UltraDMA133 IDE simultaneously with SATA.

I was hoping to run the SATA as an additional drive to store data on,
keeping the primary UltraDMA 133 as my boot device (so that I don't
have to spend the better part of a weekend building a new drive with
the OS and all my applications. Is there any hope for me?