Old November 24th 03, 12:32 AM
Derek Baker

"John" wrote in message
om...
Anybody know when you'll absolutely need a Directx 9 card to have any
fun with games? It seems that games like Halo and Max Payne 2 use
Directx 9 features sparingly, and therefore, it's no big deal if I
play them on my Directx 8.1 card (which is a GeForce 4 Ti 4200).

Are we talking 3-4 months maybe?

I'm just trying to get a handle on when to spend the bucks for an
upgrade.

thanks.

The Geforce 3 and 4 are DirectX 8, not 8.1.

I've been thinking about a video card upgrade, I guess the real answer is
when your current card can't run the games you want the way you want. For me
that might be Half Life 2, looking a bit less likely now that it will be
Deus Ex 2.

--
Derek