Old February 21st 04, 12:36 AM
Philip Callan

KB wrote:
| Is that supposed to be a reply to a post?????????

I think what he means is:

| "Jelly" wrote in message
|It is a feature. not a bug ( of the new MOTHERBOARDS )

It's intentional by design on newer motherboards and chipsets.

|If you power off the bios during the BIOS scan , it does this for you.
|The reason.
|It assumes YOU set the Processor VITALS incorrectly and is trying to
|save all those dummies , from having a board that is dead.

If you reset during a POST, the BIOS assumes your doing it because
something did not detect properly, or you have adjusted a FSB/multiplier
or voltage that could be detrimental and your system MAY not post if
those settings remain.

|DEAD board gets sent back and vender discovered idiot set clock to 8
|GHZ
|or some other silly fixed setting that would KILL any CPU.

A lot of companies were having boards returned as 'faulty' that simply
had settings that were too far out of specification for the users
hardware to POST correctly.

|HOW EVER (ASUS are you "Listening" and that is my reason)
|Why not have a ONE BIT in the BIOS CMOS page that says.
|FREEZE MY SETTINGS.
|then when you get it all working , freeze it.
|then when you boot and kill power too soon or as it is comming down
|you will never get the DUMMY BIOS page.

He thinks that users should have an option in the BIOS to save their
settings, and then if you reset during a post or have a power outage it
should reload those as the defaults.

(which is a bad idea IMHO, what happens when these same 'dummies' he
refers to FREEZE their ****ty settings? Do not past POST, do not collect
~ 200 email)

|THEN, when you click SET BIOS DEFAULTS ,the FREEZE bit sets to FALSE.

Uhmm, no, when you click SET BIOS DEFAULTS, the BIOS SHOULD SET TO
DEFAULT. I can see how english may not be your first language, but that
feature can stay doing exactly what it does, thank you very much.

|NOW THAT would be a NICE ADVANCEMENT IN BIOS Design.

(regression is more like it)

|SO , not too bad, I complained and I solved the problem.
|Isn't that an amazing concept ?

Its a concept, not really all that amazing.

|the Hatchet.

Ah Ha! I knew you couldnt butcher english that easily with just your hands.

|ASUS, ASUS, ASUS, (and others) LOOK LOOK L@@K

Obviously wants us to look at something.

|for your eyes only MR. ASUS PRODUCT ENGINEER.

Oh wait, he doesnt mean us, he wants someone else.

|Thank you ASUS , I have hundereds of your product. SOME running 6
|years 24/7.

Thats because ASUS makes quality boards, always has, always will

I hope, at least until the CPU/GPU/MB/Flash storage can get squeezed
onto a single chip Then I'm selling my soul for one, unless PC-Chips
makes it (eeep)

Philip