Old February 20th 04, 11:40 PM
KB

Is that supposed to be a reply to a post?????????

"Jelly" wrote in message
om...
It is a feature. not a bug ( of the new MOTHERBOARDS )

If you power off the bios during the BIOS scan , it does this for you.

The reason.
It assumes YOU set the Processor VITALS incorrectly and is trying to
save all those dummies , from having a board that is dead.

You know. they cant read instuctions and they THINK they can build
motherboards. GEE.

DEAD board gets sent back and vender discovered idiot set clock to 8
GHZ
or some other silly fixed setting that would KILL any CPU.

HOW EVER (ASUS are you "Listening" and that is my reason)

Why not have a ONE BIT in the BIOS CMOS page that says.
FREEZE MY SETTINGS.

then when you get it all working , freeze it.

then when you boot and kill power too soon or as it is comming down
you will never get the DUMMY BIOS page.

THEN, when you click SET BIOS DEFAULTS ,the FREEZE bit sets to FALSE.

NOW THAT would be a NICE ADVANCEMENT IN BIOS Design.

SO , not too bad, I complained and I solved the problem.
Isn't that an amazing concept ?

the Hatchet.

ASUS, ASUS, ASUS, (and others) LOOK LOOK L@@K
for your eyes only MR. ASUS PRODUCT ENGINEER.
Thank you ASUS , I have hundereds of your product. SOME running 6
years 24/7.
Pubic Displays (DOT maps, Fight Information, etc)