Old October 20th 18, 06:28 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Panaflow

On Sat, 20 Oct 2018 00:54:24 -0400, Paul
wrote:

The top cover on an Intel processor has a "different curve"
then the top cover of an AMD processor. The Intel processors that
used solder (like LGA775), the top is convex and the solder is under
mechanical stress. If you de-lid one of those processors, it makes
a "popping" sound when it lets go. (The de-lid procedure may use
a blow torch to heat the solder, while the CPU is inverted in
a holder.)

If the fan/heatsink assembly doesn't meet the CPU flush, the contact
area can be reduced and that affects the theta_R.

It means the Intel just might be more sensitive to the type
of paste used (to fill the gap).

I prefer the premium mating compounds. Others are similar enough to
be just as good, although I forgotten, from a baggie full of twenty or
more tubes, usually just reaching for Arctic Silver brands. They've
almost a metallic consistency for extending out a 5/16" snap-off
(portions) of a box-cutting razor. True enough, I aim for thinner
consistency to the spread than the Coolermaster deserves, with
significant ridges between mating the aluminum and flattened copper
heatwick pipes. I could probably spot it for "true" with a suitable
flatedge and magnification.

To be fair, the shape I found the whole cooler assembly, swapping the
backplate, X-bracket, and heatsink over to the Phenom II on new MB, it
would have been best to clean thoroughly, fresh with alcohol all
mating surfaces, remounted carefully, then to first test for validity
on the same encodes across quad-loads for 140-145F.

I won't touch, despise creamy white silicon compounds almost as much
as affixed tape compound;- Fine for somebody else, just not on my
personal computers.

I'll have to remember to look next time I mess with the Intel. There
are decent looking manuf refurb Dell S775 MBs on an Ebay outlet. A
gamble the Intel survived lightning, for a bit tattered for its age by
comparison to PhenomII offerings, and not least to mention I'm gunshy
of a bunch of goofy Dell proprietary workings.

Not sure it was exactly a Panaflow I'd matched to the fan ratings in a
Crown amplifier. I'd looked about a month ago, recognizing the brand.
More blades and more CFM. One of the easiest thing, among electronic
components, fans, to find from within review-ratings that surface for
excellent. The Crown looks like it's going to play nice, so I should
be nice and give it gifts.

*******

And Panaflow is a fluid dynamic bearing, with a sealed
portion to hold the couple drops of oil. It's probably
one of the first fans to make that popular. Sleeve bearing
and ball bearing fans are more open to the elements.