Old September 19th 03, 02:24 AM
~misfit~

"kony" wrote in message
On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 15:47:02 +1200, "~misfit~"
wrote:

Everybody here seems to be missing the point that the BIOS isn't ID'ing

the
drive correctly. Either the drive was damaged (It wasn't dropped was it?)

or
maybe the BIOS might need updating.

Getting the BIOS to ID the drive correctly seems to be the answer. I

assume
the drive is jumpered correctly to slave? (if it is in fact slaved on the
primary IDE channel). Check your jumpers, check your cables are seated
correctly. If the drive is primary slave try moving it to secondary

master.
Check the jumpers on your optical drives as well.

Then get back to us.

Sounds to me like the drive has it's capacity jumper used.

Good point, could be that. As I said to the OP, check jumpers, cables.
--
~misfit~

---