Old October 20th 03, 03:19 PM
M.D.

I re-double-checked everything and it turned out that I needed to
apply the latest AGP chipset drivers for my motherboard. In my case,
it was the Intel driver. I did my best to completely uninstall my
previous video drivers, applied the Intel chipset driver, and then
finally the ATI driver.

After a few painful gyrations, my card passes all the Direct 3D tests
and it appears to be working!

Also, a repair installation is the procedure I followed before booting
the system the first time. It worked fine. And things are quite
stable.

Thanks.

"JAD" wrote in message link.net...
Are you saying you upgraded the MB and CPU and chipset and then just transferred the HD over to that system? Were the components
even remotely the same? This is not good practice if you want a stable machine. Sure it could work, but the sign that yet another
one as gone belly up, is when you come here. A 'repair' install would be the best way from here. I absolute opinion...of course