Old October 20th 03, 02:51 PM
Skid

"JAD" wrote in message
ink.net...
Are you saying you upgraded the MB and CPU and chipset and then just

transferred the HD over to that system? Were the components
even remotely the same? This is not good practice if you want a stable

machine. Sure it could work, but the sign that yet another
one as gone belly up, is when you come here. A 'repair' install would be

the best way from here. I absolute opinion...of course

I think that's good advice, but I'd take it even farther. The presence of
old and mismatched drivers for the mobo chipset and video card is going to
be a problem until they are scrubbed.

Back up everything you want to keep right now and bite the bullet. Do a
complete fdisk, format and reinstall of windows and reload the latest
drivers for all the hardware.

It takes time and it's a pain to reconfigure all your settings and restore
all your apps, but in the long run you'll have a lot less troubleshooting to
do.