Old July 7th 03, 10:42 PM
Mod

Thanks Steven, for clarifying that for me. I just wanted to make sure
that it could be upgraded and i'm glad I asked now as I was completely
unaware of the differences in SDRAM types / chip densities.

Thanks too for the advice re crucial, it's much appreciated.
Cheers.
Mod.

"steven67@" wrote in message ...

Your motherboard uses an Intel 440BX chipset. It supports chip densities
up to 128Mbits. Your motherboard will support 256MB DIMMs. But, you will
need 256MB DIMMs that have sixteen 16Mx8(128Mbit) chips--eighteen chips if
ECC.

Most of the newer 256MB DIMMs will have eight 256Mbit chips, and won't
work properly in your system. Some of the cheaper, generic 256MB DIMMs
will have sixteen 32Mx4 chips, and also won't work properly.

Look up your Dimension XPS T Series at Crucial. Crucial guarantees that
the listed 256MB DIMMs will be compatible with your system. You will also
find that Crucial's prices are better than Kingston's.

Crucial: http://www.crucial.com