Old January 29th 17, 08:37 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Ken Blake[_3_]

Default Does more memory require a more powerful fan?

On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 14:43:56 -0500, Paul
wrote:

Ken Blake wrote:

I wonder whether I would survive such a shock if I got one now. Do
people get more vulnerable to electric shocks as they get older (I'm
79)? I don't know.

Do you have damp palms or dry palms ? Humans vary
a bit in this regard, and sometimes it makes a difference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_shock

Yes, that sounds vaguely familiar. I think I once read something about
that.

But I was wondering whether age made a difference.

If you're working on something where you know the
odds are good of getting a shock, it helps to hold
one hand behind your back. So the current doesn't
flow through your chest cavity.

Interesting, thanks. I certainly didn't know that.

But these days, I try to avoid working on something where I know the
odds are good of getting a shock. In fact, at my age, I now do very
little physical working at anything.