Old January 29th 17, 07:43 PM posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default Does more memory require a more powerful fan?

Ken Blake wrote:
On Sun, 29 Jan 2017 03:17:06 -0500, micky
wrote:

In alt.comp.hardware, on Sat, 28 Jan 2017 10:34:54 -0700, Ken Blake
wrote:

It was many years ago, but I was once working inside a plugged-in and
turned-on radio (I don't remember why) when I accidentally touched
something I should have.=20

Sorry, typo. That should be "shouldn't have," of course.

I figured. Though I know people who need shocks periodicaly to revive
them. I think most were zombies when they were young.

I wonder whether I would survive such a shock if I got one now. Do
people get more vulnerable to electric shocks as they get older (I'm
79)? I don't know.

Do you have damp palms or dry palms ? Humans vary
a bit in this regard, and sometimes it makes a difference.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_shock

If you're working on something where you know the
odds are good of getting a shock, it helps to hold
one hand behind your back. So the current doesn't
flow through your chest cavity.

Paul