Old December 16th 07, 09:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.misc
kony

Default What inkjet printer prints the best text?

On Sun, 16 Dec 2007 01:06:57 -0500, CBFalconer
wrote:

DanG wrote:
"kony" wrote in message

Agreed, with an inkjet, but what do you consider a good
high-volume use paper for inkjet?

Any decent 24# paper that's labeled as "inkjet paper" is a good
choice for everyday printing. Most of the office stores have their
own brand. None of the 20# "multipurpose" or "office paper" types
are worth wasting ink on. I've also had good results on 28# copy
paper for duplexing and general printing.

However, for speed they lose out to any Laser printer. An inkjet,
printing text, can probably be driven at full speed with a 1200
baud line (in text). Yet printing speed of 4 to 6 pages per minute
are common, for text or graphics, with a Laser printer.

I don't want to print any 100 page manuals on any inkjet.

Today even the cheap lasers can manage around 20 pages a
minute. Sometimes the more elaborate color lasers have an
annoying tendency to "calibrate" themselves before printing
a series of high quality color documents, which I suspect
really means stabilizing a uniform temp among all transfer
rollers.