Old October 23rd 03, 04:31 AM
@drian

"JT" datacare@www wrote in message
According to Western Digitals site, they make SATA up to 250gb, but only

at
7200 rpm. There 10k Raptors are widely available at 36gb, and they have
announced the 72gb Raptor, but I don't think they are really shipping it
even though some suppliers say they can get them.

If you want raw speed, the 36gb Raptor is fast, keeping up with average
10k SCSI drives with no problems. Have built one server with Raptors,

where
speed at a reasonable price was the goal, and it is fast. Hold out for the
72gb Raptors if you can.

I've heard of this 72GB Raptor drive, but never seen it. That would be
ideal actually, if it came out. I'll need to have a look to see if it's
available for purchase. It would be a nice option. One of those as a
primary drive, and a WD 120GB as a scratch/storage drive.

Thanks.

@drian.