Old May 11th 08, 06:55 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default 7600GT AGP : Is this card defective ?

On May 11, 8:09*pm, "Augustus" wrote:
Couple of ideas. With the default Windows driver running, reinstall Direct X
9.0c. Can you lay your hands on another AGP card? I'd be curious to see if
an ATI card would give the same issues.

The only ATI card I have with me is an ancient Radeon 7000. And,
as I said in my initial post, a 6600GT card works without a hitch
in the two mobos. So I'm inclined to think it's not a basic VIA-
nVidia issue. If it's an incompatibility issue at all, it's more
likely to be something to do with this card - GPU or AGP-PCI-E
bridge as suggested by Mr.E Solved!