Old May 11th 08, 08:43 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
[email protected]

Default 7600GT AGP : Is this card defective ?

On May 11, 6:37*am, "Augustus" wrote:
I installed the VIA Hyperion driver, I tried to install the card
with WinXP SP1, SP2 and even SP3. I have Ghost backups of various
installations of WinXP, so it wasn't too time-consuming to try
them out.

I strongly suspect an incompatability with the VIA chipset drivers and the
various nVidia drivers you have tried. Which version of the chipset drivers
are you using, the 5.1's?

I first tried it with the "VIA Service Pack 4.49" on the mobo's CD
installed. Then 5.10a downloaded from the VIA site some time ago.
I have not yet tried 5.17 d/led more recently.