Old May 10th 08, 04:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Augustus[_3_]

Default 7600GT AGP : Is this card defective ?

wrote in message
I bought a used 7600GT AGP card (BIG brand) to be used in a second
system thrown together from left-over parts. The config is -

Sempron 64 2500+ S754
Asrock K8Upgrade-VM800 (VIA chipset)
384MB DDR333 (PC2700)
200GB SATA HDD
DVD-R/W
450W PSU - not one of the big-name brands, but it has served me
well with a slightly higher configuration - A64 3000+, 1GB, 7600GT
PCI-E, 3xHDDs, DVD-R/W.
WinXP Pro SP2

Based on your description of the hardware, and what you did and how it
functioned and what happened, I would have to say that it's not a physical
problem with the actual 7600GT card, but more likely a mainboard, GART or
m/b chipset issue. VIA chipsets are notorious for glitchy issues. They mix
and match chips from different vendors and an have lots of issues in
comparison to others. It's not impossible the card may have an issue, but I
realy doubt it in this case given your description and actions.