Old December 13th 06, 01:37 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Phil

Default To Kevin regard DL580

Kevin, I tried replying to your email from comcast.net and it was returned
saying: Reason: not our customer. I suspect you just used an old email
address.

You asked:

In another thread you described a problem w/ a DL580 not powering up
(on for a second then off again). I'm having the same trouble with one,
was it in fact the MB?

My reply was:
Kevin, I did replace the motherboard in two DL580's and that fixed them.
BUT,
I later discovered there is a fuse on the motherboard or mainboard that was
blown. It is a surface mount type of fuse, it is in a socket and
replaceable.
I suspect that is all that was wrong with them. That fuse can be
purchased from digikey.
Phil