Old March 15th 12, 08:51 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Terry Pinnell[_3_]

Default Latest GeForce 8800 GT driver

"David" wrote:

You should see a driver number of 8.17.12.9610 when 296.10 is installed on
Windows 7 so I think the initial number (6 or 8) is related to your Windows
version.

The reason for the quick update is that Nvidia have released a Windows 8
only driver.

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
.. .

OK, thanks. Reckon I'll go ahead and install it then, although it's only
about a month since the last one.

Re the version numbering, I still don't see why MS and NVidia use such
wildly different methods? According to that INF file line 9 the
DriverVer = 02/09/2012, 6.14.12.9573
So why do NVidia call it 295.73? Is the '6.14.1' part
meaningless/redundant?

Thanks both.

@David. In that case I'll stay with my current version.

--