Old March 14th 12, 08:58 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Terry Pinnell[_3_]

Default Latest GeForce 8800 GT driver

OK, thanks. Reckon I'll go ahead and install it then, although it's only
about a month since the last one.

Re the version numbering, I still don't see why MS and NVidia use such
wildly different methods? According to that INF file line 9 the
DriverVer = 02/09/2012, 6.14.12.9573
So why do NVidia call it 295.73? Is the '6.14.1' part
meaningless/redundant?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

"peter" wrote:

Sorry about that..
New in Release 296.10

•Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 560 SE GPU.
•Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.12.0213.
•Boosts SLI performance in the following games:
?Blacklight: Retribution – up to 1.8x performance increase
?DiRT 3 – updated DX11 profile to improve menu performance
?Dishonored
?Dungeon Defenders
?F1 2011 – improves performance with game patch 1.2
?rFactor 2
•Adds 3D Vision support for the following games:
?Dear Esther – Rated Good
?Deep Black: Reloaded – Rated 3D Vision Ready
•Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes documentation for
more details.

Display Driver Version
--------------
Can be determined by opening the NVLE.inf file (contained within the folder
of Display.Driver)
and referring to the 9th line which will be similar to:

DriverVer = 06/23/2008, 7.15.11.6959

In this case, it means that the driver version is 169.59.

6.14.12.957
translates into 295.7

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
.. .

Eh? Did you read my post? I *am* getting my downloads from the NVIDIA
site.