Old March 14th 12, 07:56 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
peter

Default Latest GeForce 8800 GT driver

Sorry about that..
New in Release 296.10

•Adds support for the new GeForce GTX 560 SE GPU.
•Updates PhysX System Software to version 9.12.0213.
•Boosts SLI performance in the following games:
◦Blacklight: Retribution – up to 1.8x performance increase
◦DiRT 3 – updated DX11 profile to improve menu performance
◦Dishonored
◦Dungeon Defenders
◦F1 2011 – improves performance with game patch 1.2
◦rFactor 2
•Adds 3D Vision support for the following games:
◦Dear Esther – Rated Good
◦Deep Black: Reloaded – Rated 3D Vision Ready
•Includes numerous bug fixes. Refer to the release notes documentation for
more details.

Display Driver Version
--------------
Can be determined by opening the NVLE.inf file (contained within the folder
of Display.Driver)
and referring to the 9th line which will be similar to:

DriverVer = 06/23/2008, 7.15.11.6959

In this case, it means that the driver version is 169.59.

6.14.12.957
translates into 295.7

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message

Eh? Did you read my post? I *am* getting my downloads from the NVIDIA
site.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

"peter" wrote:

This is where you should be getting your NVidia drivers NOT from the MS
update site
http://www.geforce.com/Drivers

peter

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
.. .

A month ago I updated my NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT driver to the latest
version. Today I have an email '296.10 GeForce 8800 T - Windows XP' saying
there's already another version available.

Q1: What are the key changes in this short time please?

Q2: Windows XP Properties Settings Advanced Adapter (for my current
version) says:
"Driver Version: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 6.14.12.957."
How does that translate into something like "296.10" or whatever? Why
don't NVIDIA and Microsoft use the same version numbers?

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving
sideways, chocolate in one hand, and wine in the other, body thoroughly used
up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"