Old March 14th 12, 03:50 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Terry Pinnell[_3_]

Default Latest GeForce 8800 GT driver

Eh? Did you read my post? I *am* getting my downloads from the NVIDIA
site.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

"peter" wrote:

This is where you should be getting your NVidia drivers NOT from the MS
update site
http://www.geforce.com/Drivers

peter

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
.. .

A month ago I updated my NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT driver to the latest
version. Today I have an email '296.10 GeForce 8800 T - Windows XP' saying
there's already another version available.

Q1: What are the key changes in this short time please?

Q2: Windows XP Properties Settings Advanced Adapter (for my current
version) says:
"Driver Version: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 6.14.12.957."
How does that translate into something like "296.10" or whatever? Why
don't NVIDIA and Microsoft use the same version numbers?