Old March 14th 12, 07:29 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Terry Pinnell[_3_]

Default Latest GeForce 8800 GT driver

Terry Pinnell wrote:

A month ago I updated my NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT driver to the latest
version. Today I have an email '296.10 GeForce 8800 T - Windows XP' saying
there's already another version available.

Q1: What are the key changes in this short time please?

Q2: Windows XP Properties Settings Advanced Adapter (for my current
version) says:
"Driver Version: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT 6.14.12.957."
How does that translate into something like "296.10" or whatever?Why
don't NVIDIA and Microsoft use the same version numbers?

This is what I see on the download page:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4019461/Nvidia-Driver-1.jpg

Can someone answer the two points I've raised there please?

On my earlier question about 'translation', I'm guessing you take the last
4 digits of the MS number, 2.957, shift the decimal place 2 positions to
the right, which gives 295.7 - but how does that become what NVIDIA call
'295.73'? Where does the 3 come from?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK