Old August 22nd 04, 06:56 AM
Augustus

"Larry L." wrote in message
I realize that a P4 2.5/400 with 1GB RDRAM (Rambus) is not terribly fast
anymore, but I'm wondering just how "bad" it is for modern games like

Doom3,
and how much difference I'll get going to a better videocard. Will I get
much more going from a GF4 Ti4600 to a 6800GT on this system, or am I so

CPU
limited that I won't notice much difference other than having access to
higher resolutions?

A Northwood P4 2.5 with 512K L2 /400FSB isn't that much of a dog. It would
probably run Doom3 acceptably at medium settings with the Ti4600. You'd
notice a large jump in performance going to a 6800GT.