Old July 4th 04, 06:43 PM
DJS0302

Default Joystick not connected error

I'm running Windows XP Home. I have a Sidewinder joystick connected to the
game port on the back of a Creative Labs Soundblaster 16 PCI card.
Occasionally I'll be running an old Windows 95 game(Hellbender) in
compatibility mode and the joystick will suddenly stop responding. It will
eventually correct itself but sometimes it fires off most or all of my
ammunition. If I shut the game down when this happens and go into the game
controllers section in the control panel I'll see a message saying the joystick
isn't connected. The game works perfectly using the keyboard but it's too
cumbersome. The joystick works fine on my 95 machine but the graphics and
frame rate are so much better on my XP machine. Has anyone else ever had this
problem?