Old January 12th 04, 04:10 PM
Al Kaufmann

This comes under the category of a suggestion: Use the jumper to
clear the CMOS and then place the jumper back in the normal position.
Enter the bios and load the bios defaults and then before saving go
through every option in the bios and set it as you require. Save and
I hope that works.

Ak

"GargoyleBG" wrote:

Jeff Green wrote in message
I have just installed a new NF7-S motherboard in my system. Every time I
shut down my computer won't power back up unless I disconnect the power
supply and re-connect it first. I tried to see if there was a bios setting
that might be causing it, but I don't see anything. Any suggestions are
appreciated. I'm guessing it's something simple, but I just haven't dealt
with it before.

JG

I have the same problem with 1800+, not overclocked, I spent arround 12h+
for installing harware and trying to make it work, also screwing my
brother's WinXP install on his computer, here's what I get:

cold boot:

can't get into BIOS if I don't disconnect my HDD's power, when I unplug it,
I can enter BIOS, also get past table like where it lists IRQs, memory banks
and other stuff, when I get wrong system disk(like non-boot diskette during
floppy boot) I plug HDD power and it works fine - windows loading and so on

PSU is 400W+, only CPU, 40Gb WD 7200rpm disk, 2x256Mb DDR ram