Old January 6th 05, 07:57 AM
Odie Ferrous

Irish Rover wrote:

I bought an iiyama Vision Master Pro 451 monitor from Scan on the 18th
of May 2001.

Problems soon developed with the monitor, which included purple
discolouration in the corners of the monitor, as well as a blurry image
on portions of the screen.

I also purchased a new 454 within a year or so of that date.

I was not happy with the display (blurred on the top right hand quarter)
and returned it.

The replacement was just as bad.

Swapped it out (someone on the uk.adverts.computer) newsgroup for an
older 22" Iiyama. He was going to return my one under warranty and hope
for the best.

The 22" was a little better, but not much.

I also have 2 x cheapo Reilsys 19" monitors. BOTH of them give a
sharper, clearer image than any of the Iiyama monitors I have ever
owned.

Perhaps Iiyama did at one stage represent the best, but I think that
went down the pan a few years ago.

Odie
--

RetroData