Old July 14th 05, 03:27 AM
xmradio

"T Shadow" wrote in message
"Geneve" wrote in message ...

I am having a on going problem on the primary pc.

I have traced it to the Ati all in wonder radeon 9600 agp card.

At times when I turn on cable tv and go to the program guide for
a couple of moments I see the video defects.

ok so they go away after that for watching tv.

Ok next...

When I try and hook up any VCR to the card. I get intermitant
video defects at the top 10 percent to 15 percent portion of
the screen.

I do not believe it to be a macrovision thing....

It's frustrating that I cant do family vactions vcr stuff on the
machine that has that card.

How do I know it is not macrovision ?

Well I am guessing really.

When I put the same vcr's yes vcr's I have gone through five already,
on to a a ATI All In Wonder 128 rage card. I dont have these problems.

Since the ATI aiw 128 card does not work in Windows 2000 pro I am forced
in to using Windows 98 se mode on the secondary machine.

Do I use the MMC software to record with? No. I dont like it and the
video is not as good in my opinion for the work I do.

ATI's website for problem reporting wants to know serial numbers and
all that stuff. THis kind of stinks because I would really rather
now tear down the machine to pull the video card.

I am not really sure what to do next and I thought I would come here and
see if others have the same problems with the 9600 card like I do.

Please lets not discuss drivers. Thew latest drivers make the video look
worse on this card of mine and I had to remove them and put the older
drivers back in.

Peoples faces were looking like they were burned or .. well there was
pixel defects in the colors I guess I can put it that way. All in all
it was unacceptable.

Thoughts ?

(not interested in drivers suggestions)

--

You really aren't leaving anything to discuss. You're trying to build a
house on an defective foundation. Sounds like you have a driver, heat or

using a 9600aiw here, works okay, but my hauppauge pvr 150 is much easier to
install when changing mbs, etc...cpu load is also less...