Old February 14th 04, 01:42 PM
Dark Avenger

Darthy wrote in message . ..
On 13 Feb 2004 04:52:36 -0800, (Dark Avenger)
wrote:

Darthy wrote in message . ..
On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 12:05:53 -0500, "PB" wrote:

Nice rant

Put it in a gaming NG, not a hardware NG asshole

Eat me...

Hey, its a new game that can kinda flex the muscles of todays cards.

True it looks very nice, though well..i'm sure it will be playable
will. I hope it looks in the game self as good as on the pictures,
with a reasonable normal computer and videocard.

It looks quite good on at least a GF4 TI card.

I like that new tank.. with those 3 turrets and those nice pinny
wheels! A true assualt tanks, hahaha

The regular tank is a little smaller than the one in HALO... but they
have a SUPER tank that holds 4 people to control 4 turrents + the
driver controlled rocket launcher. The Tires are twice as tall as
the player.

And yes, the game LOOKS very good... I don't think it will match the
visuals of Half Life2 - which is a Single player game, so they are
pushing for character details (mouth / eyes) - while in games like UT
- they are fast paced and TRUST ME, you rarely get close enough to an
enemy to see their eyes or mouths if they were moving. Such DETAILS
slows down the game.

The Unreal2 Engine demo shows eyes and mouth movement as an ability
(and does so in the game with some characters) - but its a more
personal Single player game.

But I've only seen video DEMOS of Half Life2 and 2 dozen cool screen
shots... but not played the actual game.

I have played it, and yes it looks very nice... for a fast paced game.
I put everything as high as possible at 1280x960 on my Ati 9500 Pro.
And got very decent, actually very good game play.

The textures are nice, you still see that how the textures are applied
is rather simple but the added effects make it look nicer indeed. And
yes, in Unreal you don't have time to stand still and awe..unless you
like to eat rockets!