Old February 14th 04, 03:43 AM
CiRcUiT

"Derek Wildstar" wrote in message
news:4v7Xb.296756$I06.3041272@attbi_s01...
in message

[..snip..]

| Good thing you're just ranting, if you had any money to
place on that bet,
| you would lose.

I do have money to place on that bet and I DID LOSE! In
trade for some consulting work I recieved a FX 5600. It is
not any better than my GF4. In fact, it performs below my
current card. I am selling it to a friend who will be
upgrading from a GeForce2. That upgrade is worth the money.

| Do you honestly think the end user experience and end user
feedback is
| ignored? Is that your well considered, final answer?

Until nVidia shows me (and many, many others in this
newsgroup alone) that they care by producing a product that
is worth the price, then I will stick by my previous words.

| No corporation has been a model of perfection, but from a
product
| standpoint, you seem to be pretty happy with a curent
nvidia product, and
| well informed enough to know not to 'upgrade' to a
perceived inferior
| product.

That is my whole point! I am only happy with my current card
because there is nothing to UPGRADE to due to the fact that
there is nothing worth the money to upgrade to. My current
card is over a year old. It is pretty sad that the current
cards in the same price range of what I originally paid are
only a shadow of my current card. I am not paying $500 for a
card that is worth the upgrade.

| So what exactly is your beef? They do listen, and you have
a product that
| you are satisfied with and will continue to use.

Just to play devil's advocate with myself...
On the other hand, the fact that there is nothing that can
replace my GF4 in the same price range is a justification of
the good card I purchased OVER A YEAR AGO.

That was then. This is NOW.