Old January 21st 04, 02:22 AM
neopolaris

Darthy wrote:
On Sat, 17 Jan 2004 13:48:59 -0500, "neopolaris" . wrote:

Darthy wrote:
On Thu, 15 Jan 2004 09:52:09 -0500, "neopolaris" . wrote:

What a pathetic, bought-out site Toms has become. Sad really.

Where the **** are the GF3 cards on that chart? They are not
there. Why? Because they still kick up on too many newer cards.
Pathetic Tom

I don't see a problem with it... I mean, yes it would be kind of
nice... but as it is, they already have a TON of cards to test.

The GF3 is a 3 year old product... with todays game, compariable
products a ATi 9200Pro or fx5200Pro.

What is bought out?

Remember, the GF3 and GF3 Ti500 were once $400 video cards... which
aren't great for games like UT2003, but will play with very low
settings. Now, you can buy a $75~100 video that's has about the
same power.

Very low settings? I have yet to notice that. You read at Tom's too
much. If some of those doggy boards are on "thee list", than so
should the GF3. There is really nothing to dispute.

Havent been to toms for a long time... not much.

I used to OWN a GF3 card, still have my Ti4200...

For the LEVEL of quality I like to play my games, GF3 no longer cuts
it... and my GF3 was a great little card.

The OP was asking for advise for upgrading...

And hense the misdirection of a Toms Bardware guide was gonna help....pffft