Old September 12th 03, 08:21 PM

If the audio stops first then make sure your audio drivers are the most
current and failing that then try and reduce the audio sound hardware
acceleration one notch or two.

regards

"Cher" wrote in message
This has been going on too long.

Randomly, when playing a video or audio file the audio stops and the
video plays stop/start. To get it back, I need to reboot the system.

This is an ABIT MB w/KT133A chip (KT&A-RAID MB).
I thought I had this fixed for a while per the BIOS upgrades etc.
Something changed - It's back!!!

Tried:
playing with different programs;
setting BIOS to daults;
removing RAM;
rearranging RAM;
removing each bd other than video - visually I can tell if the problem
still exists;
eliminated RAID and ran from IDE connected drive;
replaced "puffy" capacitors.

I am running:
ABIT KT7A-RAID latest BIOS
HPT 2.32 driver
Athlon Tbred 2100+ @ 2266 mhz
133Mhz bus
core 1.825v BIOS - 1.87v real
nVidia GeForce 3 T200 latest driver
RAM = 1x256M Crucial PC133, 2x128M Hyundai PC133
MBM temps = case = 29°C core=44°C or about 15°C above ambient
Case open
XP

WHAT ELSE CAN I TRY????????????

thanks