Old August 4th 03, 08:18 AM
oodler

"J.Clarke" wrote in message
All that seems to say is that AGP 2X boards won't physically fit into
AGP 4x-only motherboards. That should not be an issue with the products
you mention.

I'm not really clear on what you mean by "bevel"--to me a bevel is
simply a relieved edge.

Forget about the 'bevel' issue- it's really not important. I've gotten
advice on this issue ranging from things like "[your] motherboard only
supports 3.3V I/O, and it seems that the card you bought only supports 1.5V
I/O, which explains why the slot pattern prevents you inserting it," to
assholes who just want to poke fun at me for making a purchasing mistake and
have no intention of truly helping me with my problem.

I'm looking for something in between- advice simple and direct, but not
baby-talk. All I'm looking for is the proper type of Nvidia GF2 MX-400 AGP
to fit in the AGP slot of my Dell XPS-T600. Really, that's all. Really. Am I
missing something here in thinking it's not fundamentally more complicated
than that?