Old August 4th 03, 02:48 AM
Dave

"Robert Hancock" wrote in message
. ca...
Nothing to do with 4X vs. 2X, it's the difference in AGP I/O voltage. That
motherboard only supports 3.3V I/O, and it seems that the card you bought
only supports 1.5V I/O, which explains why the slot pattern prevents you
inserting it. However, I have never seen such a card that only supported
1.5V myself..

A 4x-only GF2??? Didn't know that animal existed...they woulda been shooting
themselves in the foot a little there. If it was a 4x-only part, it would
have only one divot in the edge connector toward the back of the card, away
from the bracket, so that it would only work in 1.5v signalling-only mobos
such as the I850. You can't even put a 2x-only (3.3v required) card in that
slot. If the card in question is the only one of its kind listed on TCWO's
site, it doesn't mention 2x compatibility, but the picture is clearly that
of a 2x-compatible card...

If, on the other hand, you're talking about that L-shaped part that sticks
out past the end of the AGP slot, it's supposed to be that way unless the
motherboard has a retention-clip part to grab that part of the card.

--
Robert Hancock Saskatoon, SK, Canada
To email, remove "nospam" from

snip