Old August 3rd 03, 05:03 PM
oodler

Default nvidia AGP on Dell XPS-T

went ahead and purchased an Nvidia GEForce2 MX-400 for my semi-old system.
The problem became, once the card arrived, I
realized it wasn't the right _type_ of AGP card; apparently, cards made for
newer AGP slots in newer computers won't physically fit in slots from 1999
motherboards; it has somethiing to do with the way different "speeds" of AGP
card are manufactured- something about how cards made for 4x won't
physically fit in 1 or 2x slots. I only read this warning after purchasing
the card.

When I angrily Returned To Sender the item and asked www.tcwo.com to send me
a compatible card, they informed me that "the age of your motherboard is the
issue" and that there was nothing they could do except recredit my account
and let that be the end of it.

I'm forced to accept their decision but I still think it's bull****. I know
several people with computers two or three years older than mine who are
able to use Nvidia AGP cards. So it boggles my mind that TCWO would not have
the proper type of AGP card in stock.

I've got a Dell XPS-T600. And no, I'm not getting rid of
it and getting a new box; thanks anyway in advance. According to the Belarc
System Profile Advisor, my motherboard's an Intel SE440BX-3 AA722396-108.

What's the proper "speed" of GeForce2 MX-400 to get for my computer?

Thanks