Old August 28th 04, 06:48 PM
Fam. Schuurman

Pete,

That did the trick, a thousand thnx for your suggestion!!!

Jur

Pete D wrote:

Have you tried re-seating your video card?

"Fam. Schuurman" wrote in message
Hi,

After running smoothly for 3 months suddenly my computer, after booting
XP, shows a garbled XP splash screen (walking progress bars go beyond
their boundary) and subsequently the monitor goed into idle state (no
video signal) or shows a monotonous light bluish with black stripes.
Another monitor gives the same results.

I reinstalled Win XP (after reformatting my C:\ partition). XP now boots
okay and everything works fine (using the XP graphics drivers).
However, after subsequently executing the Intel INF update utility
(infinst_enu.exe from
http://downloadfinder.intel.com/scri...6&DwnldID=7484)
and restarting my computer, the strange symptoms re-occur.
Pushing the reset button will eventually show the XP recovery screen and
when I select to revert to my old configuration, XP boots okay (but
without the updated motherboard drivers from the Intel INF update
utility of course).

When I executed the same Intel INF update utility 3 months ago I had no
problems.

What is the problem? Is my motherboard broken?

By the way, on my P4P800 SE I have a P4 Prescott 2.8E and a ATI Radeon
9600 XT 128MB graphics card.

Thanks,

Jur