Old April 2nd 04, 11:12 AM
trudge

Can't see a backup device..shame to lose photos if the HD crashes... an
external drive or writetable CD/DVD should be considered before "the crash"

trudge

"David Kistner" wrote in message
Hi everyone,
We're getting ready to place our hardware order for a new build. Could
you check our list and let us know if these items seem reasonable?
Thanks in advance. This computer will be for my dad who mostly uses it
for email, web surfing, scanning on a flatbed, digital still camera and
word processing. We're on a limited budget so we're looking for the
best value on a Windows XP machine. Here's our list:

-- ANTEC Model #SLK3700AMB Solution Series
Super Mid Tower Case with 350W Power Supply
-- ABIT nFORCE 2 Chipset Motherboard for AMD
Socket A CPU, Model "NF7" -RETAIL
-- Jaton nVIDIA GeForce2 MX400 Video Card,
64MB DDR, 4X AGP, Model "3DFORCE2 MX-64DDR" -RETAIL
-- AMD Athlon XP 2500+ "Barton", 333 FSB,
512K Cache Processor - Retail
-- Dane-Elec 184 Pin 512MB
DDR PC-3200 - OEM
-- Samsung 1.44MB 3.5inch Floppy Disk Drive,
Model SFD321B/LEB, OEM Drive Only
-- Maxtor 40GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drive,
Model 6E040L0, OEM Drive only
-- US Robotics 56K V.90 Internal PCI Modem
Data/Fax Only (No Voice), Model 3CP2977 - OEM
-- Lite-On 16X DVDROM, Model XJ-HD165H/166S,
Retail
-- Microsoft Windows XP Professional with
Service Pack SP1a - Full Version OEM

Thanks for taking the time to look this over,
- David Kistner