Old December 2nd 03, 07:10 AM
Sooky Grumper

Levi Kudrna wrote:
I know that a heatsink is needed on the northbridge, but is it really
neccessary to have a fan on it also? I've seen many motherboards with and
without a fan on the northbridge heatsink.

LK

My northbridge fan died in the first week (or at least started to die,
making much noise) so I replaced it with a zalman northbridge heat sink.
That was...well...at least a year ago...I can't really remember how
long ago, probably because there've been no issues. However, I
wouldn't just remove a fan from a northbridge heat sink. Replace the
heat sink and fan with a better heat sink, like the ones Zalman offer.