Old October 12th 18, 11:14 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda need testing/connection/communicationservice to diagnose it ???)

wrote:
sure the router doesn't notice what you're doing to it :-)
I can have my router send a log packet to this
PC, so I can see what's going on.

You're describing SNMP, but SNMP and SMTP (email) are just two methods
by which a networking device can send its logs to an external device.

SNMP is disabled according to folks on ziggo forum.

Here is my question for you:

Is SNMP only used for "cable modem status page" ? for ISP side ?

Or is SNMP also used to access cable modem menu ?!

If later then this explains why I cannot access my cable modem menu anymore.

Bye,
Skybuck.

Go to this page.

https://www.grc.com/x/ne.dll?bh0bkyd2

Click "Proceed".

On the new page that appears, look for this row.

File Sharing Common Ports All Service Ports

Hold your mouse over "All Service Ports" and you should
see a "hand" icon. That means the "All Service Ports"
field is a "button". Click the button to kick off a test.
That should cover the status of the first 1056 ports
(1024 ports plus a few more).

Paul