Old October 12th 18, 07:43 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Mysterious internet/ethernet issue (kinda needtesting/connection/communication service to diagnose it ???)

By the way, you didn't mention the results of the test to check for NAT.
I'm guessing you'll find that NAT is indeed involved.

I am not sure what test you mean ?

I did test udp/ip a moment ago... and it was working the way I expected it to work.

I find the test you mentioned, this shields up to vague, it does not specify which ports are being tested, it scans a bunch I don't need/want that.

I need only one udp port to be scanned/tested, this is enough for me.

So I used a different scanner/udp generator mentioned somewhere else in this thread.

This keeps down complexity and avoid any problems like bandwidth shortage or spam protection etc.

So I like the more "simple" test better than a full range test.

For now I do not believe my PC is "natted" at least not for IP/UDP.

TCP/IP may be a different matter.

I also still does not explain why coin system 1 seems to work and coin system 2 does not seem to work.

Only testing can figure this out.

coin system 2 which is a clone of 1 used a different dns name to find my computer... according to others this dns is working just fine and I can confirm it's working just fine.

One more test I could do is replace the dns name (I don't like DNS in general for networking but ok) with just hard-coded IP addresses see if that makes any difference.

Bye,
Skybuck.