Old September 20th 17, 04:13 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
micky

Default Is 32-bit okay for 53bit or not?

In alt.sys.pc-clone.dell, on Mon, 4 Sep 2017 15:11:27 -0700 (PDT), Ben
Myers wrote:

What I have found out time and again with drivers is that if the name brand=
company (e.g. Dell) does not have the driver you need, it is time to do so=
me speelunking in Windows Device Manager. First, click on a device that ha=
s no driver, then right-click to examine the properties. Next, click the D=
etails tab. Now scroll down and look at the hardware IDs. In this Dell tow=
er system, for example, one of the hardware IDs is PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_1681 . =
Do a Google search for PCI Vendor 14E4 and you'd find out that the vendor =
is Broadcom. Drill down further, and Broadcom device 14E4 is a gigabit 57x=
x Ethernet chip. Finally, see if the vendor has the drivers you need. If =
not, search again for the vendor ID, device ID and the word drivers.

Why does this all work? Well, Dell, Lenovo, HP, Asus, Acer-eGatewayMachine=
s and all of the rest of the name brand computer SALES companies do not wri=
te drivers. They simply repackage the drivers supplied by the chip manufac=
turers. In Dell's case, that means wrapping a Dell look-and-feel around th=
e driver install software.

Now I've given away one of my secrets of successful troubleshooting. Oh, w=
ell. Back to dismembering Macs with the special pentalobe screwdrivers req=
uired... Ben Myers

Tnanks, Ben, I understood this and I saved it in long term saving. It
should help, if not this time, next time.