Old May 19th 09, 04:46 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Dave[_39_]

Default Non-conductive-removeable-glue ?

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
b.home.nl...
Hello,

I have a question for you:

Is there a glue that can be used to glue together electronics without the
glue becoming conductive after a while ?

(Some glue's appear to become conductive after exposure to heat, moisture
in air, and electricity (?))

Also it would be a big plus if the glue can be removed with water and soap
or any other means...

Bye,
Skybuck.

The industrial adhesive-turned craft glue E-6000 is totally nonconductive,
and can be removed by prying/pulling at the material after it dries. I love
it for this reason. If it is put on in one glop, it comes off the same way.
For electronic components, I expect you would need to work at it some, and
it wouldn't be easy to remove. Takes 24 hours to cure though... Best I can
offer. Get it at the local electronics supply store, or even most WalMart
stores.

Dave