Old May 19th 09, 02:18 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Michael A. Terrell

Default Non-conductive-removeable-glue ?

GregS wrote:

In article me.nl, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Hello,

I have a question for you:

Is there a glue that can be used to glue together electronics without the
glue becoming conductive after a while ?

(Some glue's appear to become conductive after exposure to heat, moisture in
air, and electricity (?))

Also it would be a big plus if the glue can be removed with water and soap
or any other means...

I had to fix one or two Sansui amplifier power boards with that conductive
stuff. I have used typical hot melt without problems, but
usually not on a conductor. I also use silicone rtv on most things.
Anything removed with soap and water seems like it would collect
moisture anyway.

If you insist on RTV, make sure its the electronics grade.